6.27.2008

Happy Friday!

Watermelon juice? Years ago when I worked in a juice bar the summer was always fun, fruit flies by the platoons! But we used to make random fruit concoctions including stuff with watermelon. Today I got a free Evolution Watermelon juice. Let me tell you, it's like summer in a container! And minus the seeds! And there was no extra crap in it, just juice! Um, but the price is a bit higher than you might pay for an Odwalla, but after hearing about this company, it might be worth it on those days I feel like blowing $4 on a juice.

Today was fantastically started by waking up at 5:30 only to realize I was supposed to have been at work a half hour prior... reseting the alarm time and setting the alarm are two different things.

I order this shirt from The Herbivore Clothing Co. I am not a vegetarian any more, but I really care about food and the way it is grown and processed and where it comes from. I was also stoked because I was able to order a large.

My mom took me shopping yesterday because she understands the whole "I've lost weight, and now I want to wear clothes that are closer to my size, even though I'm not done losing weight yet." thing. Thanks mom, I love you. She lost 30lbs doing the South Beach Diet (um, she read the book, there was no online program when she did it) and has kept it off for something like 2 years. She looks great, I'm proud of her. She's proud of me. But, when she was losing weight she had extra cash to spend on clothes and bought a whole new wardrobe. I'm excited because I can wear stuff from Ann Taylor Loft again without feeling like I'm squishing into everything, some thing yes, I squish... most things, no squish, but not always flattering. She bought me jeans that were $20 that I fit into. Even if I can only wear them for 2 months or something, $20.

I have a dinner date with an old friend from my OSU days in a week. Yay!

Summer has arrived in Seattle, thank god! 90 degrees tomorrow?!

No comments: